Our Community Working Together to Reduce and End Homelessness in Santa Cruz County
Strategic Plan Community Public Forums
Over 100 community members spent nine months exploring the issues of homelessness in Santa Cruz County, and developed a 10-year strategic plan to prevent, reduce and ultimately end homelessness in Santa Cruz County. Two public forums were held (Tuesday December 2 in Watsonville, Thursday December 4 in Santa Cruz) to present to the public the draft Strategic Plan and to gather input and feedback on the plan. Learn more about the Strategic Plan. Watch the video (below) that was shown at the Thursday Forum in Santa Cruz.
Our Goals are to:
- Create broader and more diverse community engagement on homelessness.
- Improve public understanding of the realities of homelessness in Santa Cruz County.
- Foster community dialogue on homelessness that promotes dignity and respect for all.
- Develop better communication & coordination among those concerned about and/or working on issues related to homelessness.
- Share information about proven, successful models and solutions working both here and in other communities.
- Sustain a diverse community leadership group to carry forward this work of shaping policies and developing resources to reduce and end homelessness.
- Develop a shared vision for change and agreed-upon action steps.