The Countywide Strategic Plan to End Homelessness Will Present Two Community Public Forums: On December 2nd & 4th, 2014
This is an important opportunity, and the only time for our community to hear the initial recommendations of the working groups and provide their input to the plan.
|Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
|Thursday, December 4th, 2014
Santa Cruz Veterans Memorial Hall
Public Forum Agenda
- The forums will be in a “World Café” format, with three rounds of facilitated small group discussions taking place simultaneously in five different places around the room.
- Small group discussions will be based around the four focus populations of the Strategic Plan, plus one for the Pajaro Valley Service Network.
- Participating members of the public will choose their top three to attend.
- Each one will have their group chair (or other representative from the group) give a 5 minute presentation on that group’s recommendations.
Our Community Working Together to Reduce and End Homelessness in Santa Cruz County
Our Goals are to:
- Create broader and more diverse community engagement on homelessness.
- Improve public understanding of the realities of homelessness in Santa Cruz County.
- Foster community dialogue on homelessness that promotes dignity and respect for all.
- Develop better communication & coordination among those concerned about and/or working on issues related to homelessness.
- Share information about proven, successful models and solutions working both here and in other communities.
- Sustain a diverse community leadership group to carry forward this work of shaping policies and developing resources to reduce and end homelessness.
- Develop a shared vision for change and agreed-upon action steps.