Understanding homelessness requires a grasp of several social issues: poverty, affordable housing, disabilities, and others.
- Learn more about homelessness in Santa Cruz County
- Learn more about the countywide strategic plan, All In
- Learn more about homelessness in the U.S.
- Learn about “smart” solutions to homelessness
- Learn more about organizations working on issues of homelessness
- Find resources to learn more
Basics on homelessness in the United States:
- From the National Alliance to End Homelessness:
- From the National Coalition for the Homeless: www.nationalhomeless.org/factsheets/index.html
Understanding sub-populations experiencing homelessness:
National policy on homelessness:
Solutions to address homelessness from across the US:
A very comprehensive list of websites:
Read the Santa Cruz County Community Strategic Plan to Prevent, Reduce, and Eventually End Homelessness, “All In- Toward A Home For Every County Resident”.
Learn about the December 1, 2012 Smart Solutions to Homelessness Summit,
right here in Santa Cruz County — and from which Smart Solutions to Homelessness grew.